If I Could Do Anything

   One of my favorite ice breakers is the question, "If you could do anything, what would it be?" It can tell you so many things about a person and often times has a correlating back story as to why, or how they wish to accomplish such a dream. While this blog is still fresh as a baby's bottom, I wanted to give those who follow along this journey some insight as to what I'm about here on Waking Woolslayer. So if I could accomplish any venture, it would be to open my own business for unique handmade children's clothing and dolls.
   That venture is actually how I started out blogging, it's a roundabout way... have patience. When approximately three years ago I bought my first Singer sewing machine I took on small projects, from fashioning tiny bowties for friends' kiddos to patching the hubby's tired scrub pants. Soon I became familiar with the buttons and knobs of the machine. I started cutting and creating from fabrics picked on my own. My oldest daughter became my number one fan and I became motivated to open my own handmade shop. I was creating soft T-shirt rompers, one-of-a-kind bloomers, and lovely heirloom dolls.



   The homespun dolls gained traction fast and I found that I was constantly in communication with an interested customer going over details for their one-of-a-kind doll. I was using my own doll pattern and hand embroidering sweet smiles. With the sewing machine whirring, I was empowered.




   Opening my Etsy shop, The Tickled Beet, was a bold move because I was throwing myself to the wolves. I needed to market my products and challenge myself by welcoming constructive criticism from outside eyes. I pushed myself to meet deadlines, create with new materials, and produce engaging advertisements. The thing about me though, is that I love a challenge. So this endeavor was everything in helping me find a way to work with my passions.


   By the spring of 2017, I had shipped dolls to many states. I was feeling on top of the world with repeat customers and heart-felt reviews. Unfortunately, my due date with my youngest daughter was fast approaching and we were limited on space. Alas, my sewing corner was converted to the corner I spent late nights rocking and feeding our new bundle. I had closed my shop and ensured customers and followers that I would be back.


   In response to my absence, I wanted to keep those who had followed my small business journey in the know with my parenting adventures and blogs that had stolen my heart. All the niches and the differentiating writing styles took me down a rabbit hole. Cut to: Waking Woolslayer home page.
   I hope to get The Tickled Beet back up and running this summer. Now that my youngest isn't quite so dependent, this introvert mama is ready to lock herself in with her sewing machine and get creative. I haven't given up on this dream and I hope to keep myself active and on route with a weekly blog post. This hopefully tells more about my outlook on life and gives some background as to what I am sharing here. And for those interested, I have now created a tab for The Tickled Beet's Facebook page located at the top of the blog next to the HOME tab. So feel free to follow the link, leave a like, and follow that journey. What would you do if you could do anything?


 



Comments

  1. Omg, those dolls are so cute! What a sweet idea, I love handmade!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. I so miss making them and can't wait to see their smiles again 😊

      Delete
  2. Congrats to you starting your own business! Those dolls are super cute. You're very talented. Also that stew sounds amazing. Looks like something I may have to try. Pork and sweet potatoes sound like heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dolls are so adorable, I do hope you start making them again Autumn. There is a season and reason for everything. Enjoy the time with your little one and know that when the time is right, and if it's truly your hearts desire, you will meet up with the dolls in the future :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so looking forward to setting up my sewing space again, thank you Lisa!

      Delete
  4. I still can't believe you did this, it's so adorable! Congratulations on your new business I'm sure you'd do great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment.
I am all about positive communication here at Waking Woolslayer!

Popular Posts