White Chicken Chili Recipe

   
     This White Chicken Chili recipe is so creamy with just the right amount of heat for those cool weather months. So simple and homey, it won't be too hard staying in and snuggling up to a bowl. With two thumbs up from the family and friends, it is a rival for our original chili recipe!
     White Chicken Chili is great as a main dish with sides such as cornbread, buttermilk biscuits, and dirty rice. This recipe is also great served atop tortillas or with tortilla chips. The bit of crunch these provide is perfect. Top with avocado, sour cream, or some jalapenos for those that love to turn it up a notch. Even my kiddos love scraping the bowls clean with their sides. Yummy!
    Who doesn't love crock-pot recipes? Simple. Time-saving. Easy clean-up. And my favorite, the aroma that fills the house throughout the day! We love throwing something altogether in one pot and letting it cook all day while we enjoy the snow and snuggling on cold weather days.


Ingredients

1 lb of boneless chicken breast
1 yellow onion diced
2 Tbsp minced garlic
24 oz of chicken broth
2 15 oz. cans of Great Northern beans
1 can of Rotel or green chiles (mild or hot)
1 15 oz. can of whole kernel corn-drained
1/4 cup of half and half or 3 Tbsp of unsalted butter mixed into 1 cup of milk
2 packets of white chicken chili seasoning or even fajita seasoning

  • I used one of each packet this time around
  • If you have all these spices on hand, you can add these instead of spice packs!
    • 1 tsp cumin
    • 1 tsp oregano
    • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
    • 1/2 tsp chili powder
    • dash of chopped cilantro
    • salt and pepper to taste


Directions

  1. Line the bottom of the crock-pot with chicken breasts
  2. Cover chicken breasts with all spices
  3. Add diced onion, minced garlic, chicken broth, Great Northern beans, corn, and chiles/Rotel.
  4. Stir until well combined
  5. Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours.
  6. Once cooked chicken should be easily shredded
  7. Add half and half and stir
  8. Let cook for another 15 minutes or until creamy.
  9. Serve with toppings of choice!

     I hope you love this recipe as much as we do. Please share and comment on your own tweaks and reviews! I'd love to hear and see your own takes and successes with this crock-pot favorite!


Comments

  1. Too bad I am a vegetarian, but will definately share this recipe with friends who are not. Maybe I can try and make this with more vegetarian friendly options. 🤔 Time to experiment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have much experience cooking vegetarian style so I'm very interested to see how your experimenting goes, good luck!

      Delete
  2. I'm excited to try this! As someone who is trying to learn how to cook more substantial meals, the crockpot is really appealing. Also, I am not a huge fan of traditional chili (call me crazy) so I think this could a great alternative. Saving the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was never a huge fan of traditional chili either! Until we recently found a recipe we LOVE. But this one is a nice comparison for something different.

      Delete
  3. This looks so delicious and easy to make! Perfect for the snowy weather we have right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely going to make this recipe. I love chicken recipes and this one looks so easy and delicious. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love chili in our house. It is one of the very few things with vegetables that my kids will eat. I have been wanting to try a chicken chili recipe. This one looks really delicious and easy. I will give this a try. -Jessica Martin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good white bean chili yours with the addition of corn looks tasty. Almost a fusion of tortilla soup and chili a must try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks absolutely delicious. I love chili, but I don't often put white beans in it. I am loving that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love crockpot meals in the winter. This looks so good--plus it probably won't cause heartburn like the tomato-based chili does sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so yummy and simple to make. Will be trying it out before the weather warms up. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment.
I am all about positive communication here at Waking Woolslayer!

Popular Posts