Days with Babes

   Mornings lately have been coming before daylight breaks, they come when my bedroom door breaks in. My toddler has yet to find an efficient way to open doors when she is in a hurry, probably due to tiny hands. So while my door reverberates off the wall because someone (cough toddler cough) decided the spring door stop needed to be removed, my newborn is stirring. I can almost feel my last two full hours of sleep slip away with my quilt.
"Potty, mommy I have to go potty!"
   Hooray toilet training! While I'm so excited she is finally getting the hang of sitting on the porcelain throne it's hard to express that excitement when your sleep cycle is broken every two hours (hooray for nursing a newborn).
   In all seriousness this lack of routine that comes with two young children is rough, but I'm furrowing myself into a small groove. There are hiccups, meltdowns, tizzies, and moments I want to go out for a bottle of wine and not return until they are enrolled in school, if my husband would remember to do that when the time does come without my nagging. Sometimes I get down on the idea that these kids didn't get the version of me I envision when I lay in bed vowing to do better and more the next day. But I realize every now and then in some quiet moments how amazing we are doing as parents. This family of five has brought me on an amazing journey I'd love to share.
   So if you feel frazzled on the daily, blessed with those babies, or just need a good laugh at my own expense, please continue to read as I blog about my days with babes. I'll give you my own stories, tips, and outrageous opinions here.


Comments

  1. We are going through that too, with 2 little ones of 1 and 3 years. It’s hard, yes, that sometimes I want to get a free day in a spa :) ...but at the same time it goes so fast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have four grandchildren ages three and under, so we understand what you're going through. When they come and stay (many times for a week or longer), I don't even have time to shower! The good news is that these days will pass. However, cherish those sweet baby snuggles, because it won't be long until they're grown and gone.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment.
I am all about positive communication here at Waking Woolslayer!

Popular Posts